Wednesday, February 4, 2009

"Disheartened" doesn't tell the half of it...

So, I'm sitting at a colleague's desk today, working through the program flow of one of the excellent software products my company creates, when she tosses a stack of about 50 pages of paper into the trash. After a beat, I say "heh heh, you ARE going to recycle those...right??" to which she replies, "yah, OK hippie."

I was...horrified. That she felt that way about recycling, but also that she thought it was OK to actually choose NOT to recycle. Because you see - like everyone else at my company - she has HER OWN recycling bin, which is located IN HER CUBE, and is PROVIDED BY OUR COMPANY, and was LESS THAN 2 FEET AWAY when she chose to ditch her papers in the trash.

For goodness sake, people...if you're lucky enough to work for a company that actually cares about you & about the world and pays the money to recycle their paper, then all you need to do is get the paper into the right bin. Turn one foot to right. Look down. Ah, there it is.

My frustration level is rising...just like those darn seas of ours...wake up!!!!!!

1 comment:

gibsonmeigs said...

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink, indeed. Reminds me of how I used to pick my colleagues Dunkin' Donuts cups out of the trash because they were too lazy to walk the five feet to the communal recycling bin. Sigh.